Registration form for the Fall 2017 APHNYS conference is now available here.
Hotel Registration for Fall 2017 APHNYS Conference is located here.
To make a reservation at Poughkeepsie Hotel & Conference Center, please return form via fax to 845-486-7220, or mail to hotel, or call Reservations Desk 845-485-5300
Refer to Group Code: APHNYS
Deadline for Room Reservations: September 30, 2017
Call for Proposals for Fall 2017 APHNYS Conference
APHNYS 2017 Annual Meeting will take place from October 31 to November 2 at the Poughkeepsie Hotel & Conference Center. This conference is currently accepting proposals for conference presentations. Proposals can be submitted for papers, panels and interactive programs. This conference will draw approximately 150 attendees from across the Empire State.
The Planning Committee is especially interested in proposals that offer:
- Insights into the history of Dutchess County and its communities
- Insights into the history of APHNYS Region 3 counties and their communities (Orange, Putnam,
Rockland, Ulster, and Westchester)
- Family History from throughout New York State
- Famous people and/or business histories from throughout New York State
- Heritage Tourism from throughout New York State
- Transportation & Trades in New York State
- Ideas and Techniques for celebrating any upcoming historical anniversaries throughout New
- Skills and Techniques for Local Government Historians and Family History Researchers
- Other history related to New York State
To submit your proposal, please complete this form and return to APHNYS by March 31, 2017.
New York State Historian Devin Lander gave a presentation during the 2016 APHNYS Conference on “Elevating History.” Here are the slides from this presentation.